Economic Leftist / Economic Rightist
Result: 68% Leftist
I think that Economic Hierarchy Vs Heterarchy would be a better way to measure this particular scale. However, considering the implications of decentralization and the positive social aspects of individual capital-control I would consider myself more on the left in this regard. I stated in the questionnaire specifically that I only disagreed with the need for hierarchy. As this is also relative to the current system, the results of a market system are henceforth unknown, even a small scale.
Anarchist / Statist
Result: 78% Anarchist
This is the scale which I have the main issue with, and is rooted in the way questions are phrased in the quiz itself.
I stated that parents should not be able to control their kids any way they see fit until they are "self sufficient". This is an ambiguous and relative term, and as such needs to be elaborated on. "Parents should be free to decide whether the education their children receive is provided by government-approved schools." I do not hold that parents should be able to decide whether their child is subject to psychologically debilitating monotonous brainwashing and institutionalized coercion. I took the questions in their entirety, as "thick" statements.
I also stated that businesses should not be allowed to pollute a common water supply. For example: when all other options are off the table and there are no other market providers when one's life depends on it; it is a matter of self defense to remove the businesses' means to do so. This could be done by an affinity group or voluntarily militia. I did not phrase it in a manner that demanded a government or state utilize force, but as a means of self-defense when one is all out of other options. Nonetheless, the likelihood of occurrence of polluting a vital resource in a free market is extremely thin.
Anti-Militarist / Militarist
Result: 100% Anti-Militarist
I am 100% against having states utilize force against individuals (redundancy), so this is obvious.
Socio-Cultural Liberal / Socio-Cultural Conservative
Result: 96% Socio-Cultural Liberal
I am surprised I did not get 100% on this one as well. I may have misunderstood the intent of " people should stick to those of their own background". I said disagree, however I avoided strongly disagree. This is because "background" could either be defined as a voluntary position and belief system, a coerced publicly stated "belief", or the most likely in this case; an arbitrary and irrelevant trait such as race, ethnicity, economic status, or geographical area of birth and/or residence.
Cultural relativism as well as a rejection of all irrational forms of psychological oppression and exclusions for an individual's preferences are a prerequisite to a truly free society. I am defining "irrational" in this context as issues that do not effect an individual's performance on a job or which could be detrimental to another person.
Civil Libertarian / Civil Authoritarian
Result: 100% Civil Libertarian
This was expected, as no individual has any legitimate or consistent "right" to aggress against another's ability to live as they see fit. This is the difference between Anarchy, and what I call "Stateless" Panarchy in my book. Anarchy relies on a lack of rulership, and that demands a lack of external control over an individual. Anarchy demands an adherence to thick libertarianism, and consistent rational ethics. Panarchy simply denies the role of an "involuntary" state by embracing "statelessness". With the state being defined as "any entity that has a monopoly on force within a geographical area", this becomes problematic. Land is limited, and even if governments could be voluntary, they would be exclusive and controlling. They may not have a monopoly on where you live, but they could utilize force to keep you in line within an area or an agreed cultural boundary, regardless. You can choose to move with your feet, but not to live as you please. In essence, it becomes a state itself. The rights of an individual must be the foundation for property, and that demands the Non-aggression Principle.
Nevertheless, no human being should be prevented from expressing his or her own wants and living their livestyle in any way whatsoever. Cultural relativism and acceptance of oppression of an individual's freedom are a direct barrier to a remotely free society. This is an issue of the foundation of personal freedom and cannot be bypassed or marginalized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment